Another year, 365 days (well 366 this year) … over and done with. I’m not sure how I feel about 2008 yet. There was some really bad and some really good. In general I think I prefer odd numbered years. Here are some things that I hope happen next year:
- Thomas gets a good job
- I survive most of graduate school
- Jonah gets a job and goes back to school
- Micah survives his first year of high school with grades above D
- Our new president is able to do some of the things he campaigned about
- This recession/depression/media created nonsense calms down and people can be realistic about their financial issues
It’s not too much to ask is it?
For those of you who don’t know, January 1st is Micah’s birthday. He will be 15 and in Oregon at 15 you can get your learner’s permit. Just warning any of you who drive in our area … be afraid, be very afraid! Well not really … I think he’ll be a good driver. We pick up the kids at 2pm at their mom’s house. I don’t have any idea what we’ll do in the afternoon, but for dinner we’re having ham. My MIL got a BOGO when she got the Christmas ham and we got her free ham! Woohoo! Not that I love ham, but Micah does. I think we’re going to have roasted potatoes and some sort of vegetable. Oh, and chocolate cake 🙂
Anyone got any ideas what to get a 15 year old for his birthday?
Happy New Year!